is a non-profit corporation, authorized by Congress, under USC §§7361-7366, to provide flexible funding mechanisms for the conduct of research and education activities at the VA Malcom Randall Medical Center in Gainesville Florida. This 501(c)(3) corporation was incorporated in 1997, and is affiliated with, but legally distinct from,
the North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System.
Established to support the research and education activities of the North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System – NFFRE is governed by a Board of Directors, none of whom receive compensation.
Friendly personal service and timely response with a flexible attitude to best accommodate our research teams!
- Facilitate grant inquiries and submissions and manage grant awards
- Facilitate industry-sponsored clinical trials; negotiate contracts and budgets that are favorable to the VA and VA investigators
- Provide assistance with regulatory and project support
- Provide prompt personnel hiring with salary support for research personnel including coordinators, nurses, technicians, assistants and other professional personnel.
- Provide quick turnaround on travel reimbursements, purchase order requests, cash payments for study participants, and collaborative trouble shooting.
- Create, plan and execute all types of educational events
- Provide Investigator balance reports and manage residual funds to allow unspent funds to be used at a later date for the benefit of an investigator’s future research
- Low administrative overhead charges